23 December 2014

Checks n Balances…

                           My apologies,this post is beyond belated..I really have to work to keep to                                              schedules. But here goes...
 
                                Soundtrack of the moment: 5 seconds of summer- Amnesia

        In the art of war sun Tzu say “All warfare is based on deception. Hence , when we are able to attack, we must seem unable, when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away when we are near”. Quick note here, this is not a war zone but seeing as we might be at war with friends, colleagues, family e.t.c so don’t let this quote impinge you. With the year winding down, I thought this post aptly suits the season as mistakes have been made, paths crossed , strokes lashed. We are being overtly cautious and guarded as to drop all baggage, break away from old tides. Unsure of whom to turn to and this develops trust issues, but never forget that life is never truly ridden of pitfalls and setbacks sometimes masked as relationship/friendship. Experience is really the best teacher, and there's more to life than false pretenses.
Sights in Enugu State



       
 And it all became painfully clear to me, as an adult, there’s suspicion, hatred and fear but as a child there’s joy, laughter and most of all there is trust. Always thought that that if children ran the world, it would be a place of eternal bliss and cheer but with adults ; there is war, destruction, enmity unending. We doubt in others that which is exactly fact in ourselves. The skeletons in our very own closet are the things that scare us the most about others. The most trusting of people are not people who have never been betrayed or who have never felt pain, but the most trusting of people are those who in themselves do not find those trivial things worthy of that blame. They see the world through the eyes of the condition of their own souls. Its amusing at times, these people seem to forget that they still see you the next day-frigging  annoying. I’m not a happy-go-lucky freak who loves singing in the shower or dancing in the rain but I love to have priceless smiles on my face and most of the times I have my family and friends there to put those grins on. I love great friendships (don’t know how Taylor Swift does it) as I feel they should be an integral part of living .My mantra  has been ‘invest in those that invests in you’. That being said I don’t expect my friends to think, act exactly as I do; I do not walk around with clones or robots. But the most important aspect of our friendship is the room we give each other to grow while we still be ourselves.
                        “False friends are like our shadows, keeping close to us while we walk in sunshine but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade.” Christain Nestell Boree
               Am no new person to deception, chunk of liars ,misconceptions; love me or hate me as am well aware that life is filled with different caliber of people with a lot of sentimental B.S (Apologies for the unsubtly rage, anger seems to have engulfed me), its no easy feat. I try as much as my human strengths can, not to harbor any bad blood or let pride cloud my judgments; trying to keep it together but its actually has no good for my health. Time is the healer of some many things and forgiveness is really for the strong. Knowing convincingly that there is a peak of hope for normalcy, I take solace in his words; forgive him seventy times seven per day, know that am not your enemy, can’t really have this grudge for the rest of my life (my Christian faith has strong holds on me). In the end, I am more than willing to compromise, to throw in the towel, knowing that I have nothing to lose, walk away and try to salvage a friendship. At the risk of trying to conjecture the meaning of the word ‘friend’ I do believe it’s a two-way traffic. However, I’m no fool and have sensed when the friendship is no longer worth it ;when it feels you have given it your all and no compromises made at the other end; then its time to call it what it really is. It’s been real while it lasted ; no hard feelings ,time to move on swiftly
Enugu State fiesta 2014




                                       Soundtrack of the moment: Magic-Rude
        So, for every  distrust that we will inevitably face, let’s not count it as failures or regrets but as lessons that will propel us to higher grounds as we ourselves are no perfect beings. Never allow trivial issues be the cause of a relationship gone sours but be brutally honest-tough love, if you need to be and call out a pal who isn’t giving at all in that friendship. Always keep our heads up because if its down you won’t be able to see the blessings that are before us.
   

            “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies”-Nelson Mandela.






                                         Amy raves…..Let love and let God.

Photo credit: Enugu State Tourism board

                                                 Thank you for reading!!!
          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello...Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting,i highly appreciate it.Feel free to drop a link to your blog(if you 're a blogger) & I'll gladly check it out.